مدير برنامج سبل العيش في العراق – إربيل – العراق
تفاصيل الوظيفة :
Under the supervision of the Head of Programs, the Livelihoods Program Manager II (PMII) will oversee the strategy, development, implementation, and management of CRS\u0027 livelihoods program across Iraq. The Program Manager will be responsible for designing and writing proposals and reports, grant management, as well as the full project cycle for any projects included within the livelihoods program. Under the supervision of the CRS Head of Programs (HoP) and in close communication with CRS Senior Management Team (SMT) in Iraq, the PMII will be responsible to recruit, onboard, and directly supervise the CRS livelihoods staff team. The PMII and her/his team will work closely with Caritas Iraq staff to build their capacity to implement livelihoods programming supported by CRS. The PMII will coordinate closely with other CRS Iraq and EMECA regional staff to ensure a coherent approach across sectors in locations where CRS and Caritas work.
Staff Supervision and Management:
- Establish and manage a high functioning livelihoods team through recruiting and supervising strong international and national program staff, including through remote management
- Provide quality on-boarding and on-going support to direct reports and other team members on CRS, agency and international standards and resources (most importantly Sphere), specific job requirements as well as tools and resources available to support them.
- Lead program staff to respond to needs in an adaptive, responsive and timely manner, with security as the highest priority in programmatic decision-making
- Use CRS Performance Management system to manage the performance of his/her staff.
- Build the capacity of his/her staff through training, on-the-job coaching, supportive delegation, and performance management.
- Create a culture of learning and continual improvement among the program teamand seek other opportunities to build the capacity of his/her staff.
Program Quality and Management
- Lead the design of the livelihoods program strategy across Iraq under the supervision of the Head of Programming
- · Design and implement needs assessments and write proposals and develop budgets accordingly for different funding opportunities as per CRS and donors\u0027 standards and guidelines.
- · Design and manage project start-up, implementation and close out of livelihoods projects in Iraq according to CRS Project Management Standards; set high quality performance targets, ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- · Support the development and implementation of strong and responsive monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning systems for the program in compliance with CRS\u0027 MEAL Policies and Procedures and in coordination with the Country Program\u0027s MEAL department and regional technical advisors.
- · Develop and manage projects budgets in collaboration with the CRS/Iraq finance team.
- · Ensure that planned activities are implemented on time and within budget and that successful activities deliver the intended (positive) change in the lives of the people we serve.
- · Serve as the overall grant manager for livelihoods projects, analyze budget comparison report for all livelihoods projects, and oversee sub-recipient financial monitoring, including liquidations, for related sub-grant to Caritas Iraq.
- · Advise senior management about issues affecting project implementation, or key local issues affecting future grants/projects developments.
- · Oversee the timely preparation of high quality donor reports, quarterly performance indicator tracking tables, baseline and final evaluation reports, as well as other reports as needed/ required by the local government, donors, cluster, the region or headquarters as per reporting schedule.
- · Take responsibility for report preparation or reviewing draft reports for relevance, accuracy and quality.
- · Ensure the review and timely submission of financial reports.
- Develop SOWs and manage external consultants in order to support projects design and implementation and provide Technical Assistance and training to CRS and partners staff as needed.
- Maintain up to date documentation related to project approval, monitoring and implementation.
Partnership and External Coordination:
- · Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Caritas Iraq with a strong emphasis on capacity building and accompaniment throughout project activities.
- · Establish strong communication and coordination with other Caritas Internationalis (CI) members also implementing livelihoods programming.
- · Manage relationships, negotiations and communication efforts with other local partners and stakeholders in all phases of project design and implementation.
- · Ensure a high level of collaboration and coordination with other actors including other NGOs, the government and key UN partners, including the emergency livelihoods sub-cluster employment working group and Returns Working Group, as well as any other relevant bodies.
Institutional Learning, Documentation and Sharing:
- Promote strong linkages and exchange with other CRS staff/partners engaged in livelihoods programming to ensure the sharing of best practices and expertise.
- Support efforts to document best practices and lessons learned from early recovery interventions and start-up of programming for organizational learning, sharing among peers, and donors.
- Take the lead in the completion of success stories and case studies showcasing the livelihoods program.
Each CRS staff member working in emergencies is expected to use the following competencies to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Communicates strategically under pressure
- Manages stress and complexity
- Actively promotes safety and security
- Manages and implements high-quality emergency programs
Internal: Head of Programming, Head of Operations, Finance Manager, other Iraq CP Program Managers (Emergency Response, Shelter/WASH, Education), Humanitarian Response Department (HRD), EMECA Regional Office and Technical Advisors (RTAs) (particularly the DRD-PQ, Rural Livelihoods TAs, Urban Livelihoods TAs, MEAL TA and EMECA HRD Point Person).
External: Caritas Iraq and other Church partners; and colleague organizations; consultants; Local Government; UN agencies and sector leads in the area.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Master\u0027s degree in international development or related field.
- Minimum of five years\u0027 experience working in emergency, development or early recovery program context. Preference for experience in market-based livelihoods programming including cash vouchers, cash grants or other market based systems.
- Ability to work independently, but also coordinate effectively as part of a team.
- Experience leading teams through remote management preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills required
- Experience with capacity strengthening and partnership building required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience mainstreaming protection, disability and gender considerations strongly preferred.
- Strong capacity in country-wide strategy development, project design, project management and M&E
- Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of USAID and UN agencies grant provisions and guidelines, including proposal formats and reporting requirements preferred
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Microsoft Publisher preferred
- Knowledge of CRS\u0027 program quality standards preferred, familiarity with SPHERE and SEEP Minimum Economic Recovery Standards required.
- Ability and willingness to work and live in diverse, challenging and potentially unstable environment.
Physical Requirements/Environment: The position will be based in Erbil, Iraq with frequent travel to areas in Northern and Central Iraq accessible to CRS staff.
Foreign Language Required: Professional proficiency in English; Arabic language preferred.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.