مطلوب ضابط أمن للعمل لدى وزارة الخارجية وشؤون الكومنولث في بيروت لبنان 22 \ 11 \ 2018
The British Embassy in Beirut has temporary vacancies for the position of Security Officer.
Providing security and escorting contractors, workers and protection of staff, visitors and premises at various locations as directed. It will be important to remain flexible throughout.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure security measures are adhered at all times.
- Reporting directly to the British Embassy Duty Security Supervisor.
- Carrying out a physical check of contractors, workers on entry exit points.
- Carrying out searches of equipment when entering the Embassy complex.
- Account for all site contractors and workers on Entry / Exit points.
- Escort contractors and workers while in the Embassy and the complex.
- Report any incident to the Duty Security supervisor or the PSM/OSM in their absence.
- Work closely with the Armed Security Team.
Key Competences required for the job:
- Making Effective Decisions – Effectiveness in being objective; using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Managing a Quality Service – Strong sense of professionalism. Effective planning and management of work in order to deliver a high quality service.
· Previous experience in a similar role.
· Communication Skills: (sufficient to follow instructions, and use of Radio). Good level of English (Spoken and Written), Fluent in Arabic (Spoken and Written).
· Can work as an individual and within a team.
Must be prepared to work Monday to Friday or as directed by the line manager.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
Conditioned working hours are 48 hours gross per week. The Embassy is committed to ensuring that you are able to maintain a suitable work-life balance. Leave entitlement is 20 days plus 14 public holidays.
This position is offered on a Full Time, Temporary contract basis (approximately for 5 months).
Candidate must be prepared to work in shift patterns covering 24 hour period. The Security Team works under a rotation shift patterns of 0600hrs till 1400hrs -1400hrs till 2200hrs and from 2200hrs till 0600hrs and depend on the duty locations the security guard can be doing Monday till Thursday 0730 hrs till 1730hrs and Friday from 0730hrs till 1530hrs.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period. The appointment is also subject to satisfactory local and UK security clearances.
The Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package in line with local labour law (including transport, family, education allowances, and medical insurance coverage). Specific training and mentoring for the role will be provided for the successful candidate.
If you are selected for this position, we will be able to employ you as long as you:
- Receive the appropriate level of security clearance;
- Have (or be willing to obtain) the right to live and work in Lebanon. Candidate’s residence permit and work permit, and the expense to obtain them, will be their own responsibility.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
1. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
** (Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 1 December 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Interviews will be held at the British Embassy Beirut Office. Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment/interview will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Lebanon employment law.