مطلوب مساعد دعم للعمل لدى World Food Programme في سوريا
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Type: service contract
Duration : 6 months
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Prepare national staff Travel Authorization, ensuring that the correct processes are in place.
- Reserve air tickets and hotel bookings for visitors and travellers.
- Assist visitors with requests related to their accommodation.
- Process local travel, ensure the right travel rules are applied when processing the Travel Expense Claims.
- Monitor and maintain records of all facilities.
- Arrange meetings, workshops and seminars, liaising with the requesting units for their requirements, raise the PR in the system and follow up with the procurement unit to meet the needs of the requesting unit. Extend needed support during the events.
- Make local travel reservations and prepare POs for ticket purchases.
- Create trip documents.
- Collect information on future expenditures and prepare the cash forecast, for the Damascus admin section. Initiate office supplies purchase request
- Maintain proper records and reports for stationery
- Focal Point for DHL; prepare the waybills for all related shipments, and arrange for collection by the DHL couriers
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: Minimum 4 years or more of progressively responsible work experience in fields of general administrative work and travel.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Please upload your CV in English
• Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted
• Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying
HOW TO APPLY
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
رابط التقديم للوظيفة :APPLY