مطلوب مساعد للعمل لدى الأمم المتحدة في بيروت لبنان 22\5\2019
المسمى الوظيفي : TEAM ASSISTANT
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), Beirut. The incumbent will report to the Chief Security Officer or his/her designate.
Performs a wide range of office support and administrative functions.
- Responds or drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard software
document processing packages to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Monitors processes and schedules related to the unit’s/sections outputs, products, tasks, etc.
- Assists in researching, compiling and organizing information and reference materials from various sources for
reports, work plans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, etc.
- Assists in the generation of a variety of reports, work orders, etc., using various databases.
- Assists the supervisor in reviewing documents and edits texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style,
and for adherence to established standards for format.
- Screens phone calls and visitors; responds to moderately complex information requests and inquiries (e.g.
answers requests requiring file search, etc.), and as necessary, refers inquiries to appropriate personnel for
- Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, boards, committees, conferences, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
- Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff
inside and outside the immediate work unit/section.
- Performs data entry functions.
- Reviews, records, distributes and/or processes mail and other documents; follows-up on impending actions.
- Performs general administrative tasks (e.g. leave and attendance recording, arrangements for meetings and
other events, reservations, budget follow-up, etc.), to include preparing and/or processing administrative
requests/documents (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests, contracts, expenditure authorizations,
visa applications, etc.).
- Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit/section.
- Operates and maintains a variety of office equipment in the performance of basic office functions, e.g.
photocopier, facsimile, printer, scanner, etc.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff on general office processes and procedures, computer applications,
- Performs other duties as assigned.Competencies
Professionalism: Knowledge of relevant UN rules, regulations, administrative procedures, policies and directives. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources duties in work place and ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given. Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point and other UN software) are required. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
A minimum of three (3) years of experience in administration and general office support or related area. Experience in field of budget is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in English is required.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Recruitment against this position is on a local basis; applicants in the General Service category shall meet the relevant employment requirements of the host country (Lebanon), including fulfilling visa or work permit stipulations. If you fulfill the visa and work permit stipulations for Lebanon, please specify in your cover letter and attach a copy of your visa and work permit under ‘attachments” of your application in Inspira.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
للتقدم للوظيفة من هنا