مطلوب مساعد موارد بشرية للعمل لدى الأمم المتحدة في الكويت 24\6\2019
المسمى الوظيفي : مساعد موارد بشرية
الجهة الموظفة : الأمم المتحدة
مكان العمل: الكويت
This position is located in the Kuwait Joint Support Office ( KJSO) . The incumbent will report to the Chief of Human Resources Officer.
Within limits of delegated authority, the Human Resources Assistant FS-5 will serve as a Team Leader and carry out the following duties:
Recruitment and Placement:
- Participate in the selection of candidates; including conducting roster searches for applicants and identifying short-lists of candidates, evaluating and screening applications, generating personal history profiles of candidates, facilitating the interview process and acting as ex-officio.
- Assist in the filling of vacant posts for all categories, including initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic qualifications, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities, calculating salaries and related benefits, and preparing and dispatching offers of appointment and Statement of Emoluments.
- Provide input into policy development for HR policies for staff in the Field Service, General Service and related categories.
- Schedule and coordinate entry tests for locally-recruited staff.
- Supervise and support the maintenance of vacancy announcement files, staffing tables and tracking of status of recruitment cases.
Administration of Entitlements:
- Supervises and monitors the work of Human Resources Assistants at the lower level in carrying out all human resources transactions including but not limited to processing personnel and related HR transactions and maintenance of staffing tables;
- Provide oversight, reviews and approves EG claims received from EG client missions;
- Supervise, guide and monitor the effective service delivery of the Claims and Compensation Team to meet the overall goals of the Service Centre as the Liaison Office between ABCC and peacekeeping and political missions;
- Receives and reviews grievances and complaints related to entitlements and benefits, assessing and evaluating the merit of each case and making recommendations for resolution; Reviews and processes entitlements and benefits related actions, making appropriate recommendations where exception is required.
- Provides advice to staff as first point of contact regarding interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules concerning conditions of service,entitlements and benefits.
- Administers and provides advice on salaries and related benefits and travel entitlements.
- Determines benefits and entitlements for staff on the basis of contractual status in line with Staff Rules and Regulations, preparing justifications for exceptions for review by the Chief Human Resources Officer before submission to the Headquarters;
- nducts newly recruited staff members by briefing them on administrative formalities, conditions of service, entitlements and benefits.
- Review and process personnel actions through UMOJA.
Researches on matters related to the administration of justice and provides inputs and information for formulation of mission response to applications of staff to MEU or UNDT.
Analyzes incoming correspondence, and drafts memorandum and faxes related to HR matters.
Prepares monthly reports on staffing compliments and post incumbency.
Assists in preparing policy papers, position papers and briefing notes on issues related to human resources management matters.
Keeps abreast of developments in various areas of human resources.
Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Professionalism: knowledge of Human Resources staff rules and regulations and process and database management. Ability to manage processes, maintain accurate records, interpret/analyses a wide variety of Human Resources data, and identify/resolve data discrepancies and activity problems. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect ; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects ; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High school or equivalent diploma is required. Technical or vocational certificate in human resources, business administration or personnel administration is required.
At least 8 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management or other related fields is required. Working experience in staff recruitment process and administration of staff entitlements is required. Working experience as UMOJA HR LPE and HR Partner is required. Working experience in the United Nations or an International Organization in a post-conflict environment outside home country is required. Working Experience in a UN peacekeeping Mission is desirable. Working Experience of processing and approving Education Grant claims and advances in desirable. Working experience in a service center is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a brief interview.
• This position is temporarily available for six months. If the selected candidate is a staff member from the United Nations Secretariat, the selection will be administered as a temporary assignment.
- While this temporary assignment may provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain new work experience, the selection for this position is for a limited period and has no bearing on the future incumbency of the post.
- Subject to the funding source of the position, the eligibility for this temporary job opening may be limited to candidates based at the duty station.
- This temporary job opening may be limited to “internal candidates,” who have been recruited through a competitive examination administered according to staff rule 4.16 or staff selection process including the review of a central review body established according to staff rule 4.15.
- Staff members of the United Nations common system organizations who will reach the mandatory age of separation or retirement within the duration of the current temporary need period are not eligible to apply.Submitting an application or selection for the current temporary job opening does not delay or increase the mandatory age of separation.
- Retirees above the mandatory age of separation who wish to be considered for the current temporary job opening must indicate the reason for their last separation as “retirement.” Such retirees shall not be employed by the Organization, unless (a) the operational requirements of the Organization cannot be met by staff members who are qualified and available to perform the required functions; and (b) the proposed employment would not adversely affect the career development or redeployment opportunities of other staff members and represents both a cost-effective and operationally sound solution to meet the needs of the service.
للتقدم للوظيفة من هناتقدم للوظيفة