مطلوب مستشار قانوني للعمل لدى لجنة الأنقاذ الدولية في لبنان 15\7\2019
المسمى الوظيفي : مستشار قانوني
الجهة الموظفة : لجنة الأنقاذ الدولية
مكان العمل: لبنان
Requisition ID: req5806
Job Title: Legal Consultant – Beirut
Sector: Protection and rule of law
Employment Category: Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Given the recent changes in the protection environment in Lebanon and the introduction of a series of measures and policies impacting the Syrian refugee population, the IRC will engage a Legal Consultant to evaluate the IRC’s legal response in Lebanon and provide strategic recommendations for future development. The Legal Consultant will also support the Senior Protection team members to undertake coordination with other legal actors at the national level, as well as supporting local-level coordination with legal actors, as needed.
- Conduct an evaluation of the IRC’s legal response in Lebanon, involving field visits and meetings with Senior Protection Managers and lawyers working in field locations.
- Produce a report on the basis of the evaluation with clear recommendations for any strategic changes in legal programming needed in order to better serve refugees in Lebanon and co-host a workshop with the Protection and Rule of Law Coordinator
- Conduct targeted analysis of decisions, orders and policies impacting refugees as and when they arise.
- Technically support the Legal Team Leaders and support them, as well as the Snr Protection Managers, in controlling quality of programming.
- Provide technical guidance to legal staff within IRC’s protection department, to ensure adherence to best practice in the approach and response to legal protection issues.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Protection and Rule of Law Coordinator
Indirect Reporting: Senior Integrated Protection Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: SnrProtection Manager (North Bekaa), Snr Protection Manager (Mount Lebanon), Snr Protection Manager (South Lebanon), Snr Protection Manager (North), Security Focal Points
External: UNHCR Chair of National Legal Partners Coordination Group
- Law Degree
- At least three years of prior professional experience as a practicing lawyer or in a position where legal advice, counseling and assistance was frequently provided to vulnerable clients.
- Experience working for an international organization is preferred.
- Experience providing legal counseling and assistance on issues including HLP, employment law, civil status and criminal issues.
- Experience interacting with judicial, security and administrative authorities.
- Good protection background and knowledge of refugee context, as well as demonstrated ability to identify and refer vulnerable cases, is desirable.
- Strong experience managing a diverse team.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Excellent ability to interpret, analyze and synthesize information in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the Lebanese legal system, its stakeholders and processes is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, timeliness, ability to determine priorities and great attention to detail.
- Proactive, flexible, team spirited and willing to learn.
- Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent drafting and oral communication skills in both English and Arabic.
للتقدم للوظيفة من هناتقدم للوظيفة