مطلوب Design, Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator للعمل لدى Search for Common Ground – لبنان
We are Searchers.
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher understands our vision of a world where:
Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
Shared Humanity. Empathy. Impartiality. Inclusivity. Courage. Hope. Humility. Audacity.
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
Search for Common Ground (Search) is a non-governmental organization working to transform the way societies deal with conflicts. We have acquired over 30 years of experience in peacebuilding and are based in 53 local offices worldwide. Search first worked in Lebanon in 1996, and we opened up our office here in 2008. The issues we address are multiple, such as conflicts arising within Lebanon’s diverse society, tensions resulting from the increasing influx of Syrian refugees, security sector reform, as well as women’s socio-economic empowerment. In each project we seek to engage all stakeholders and strengthen local capacities in order to create sustainable change and increase social cohesion
We are searching for…
Until the end of June 2018, the DM&E Coordinator will be responsible to ensure effective and reflective monitoring and evaluation practices within Search Lebanon projects’ implementation. The DM&E Coordinator will work closely with the projects’ teams and under the supervision and guidance of Search Lebanon DM&E Manager to develop and implement all tools, strategies and systems, including creating and updating monitoring tools and systems for projects, providing timely support to Projects Coordinators, collecting and analysing data, and ensuring evaluation of project activities. The DM&E Coordinator will contribute to the implementation of baselines, mid-term and final evaluations and ensure documentation of outputs/outcomes to inform reflective and learning practices.
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Contribute to provide timely and quality support to the Project Coordinators to meet their specific DM&E needs and to effective implementation of project logic frameworks, indicators measurements, data collection tools and M&E plans;
- Review and provide meaningful feedback on Project Coordinators monthly journals and activity reports and other relevant reporting
- Contribute to identify and synthesize good practices and lessons learned from Project Coordinators reporting, field visits and engagement of relevant stakeholders in reflective practices;
Contribute to conduct baseline research and follow-up evaluations of projects based on existing indicators and objectives;
- Provide support to external evaluation contracts and teams;
- Ponduct data entry of monitoring data and preliminary analysis and maintain a database to ensure all program outputs and results are accurately recorded and coordinated to inform programme staff;
- Assist Project Coordinators in providing monthly and quarterly reports on all activities, outputs and relevant outcome indicators;
- Ensure proper documentation of project’s activities (development and review of the adequate tools and oversee archiving of all relevant documents);
- Participate in and contribute towards internal evaluation processes;
- Work with the DM&E Manager to provide support the different projects in the development and implementation of their M&E work plans;
- Be directly engaged in the continuing development of the organization, its mission and its staff, through the sharing of experience and knowledge
- Contribute to new project proposals development.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
You meet the following qualifications:
- Lebanese citizen.
- Master’s degree in Development, Political Science, International Affairs, Social Sciences or other relevant subject.
- At least 2 years of experience working in conflict sensitive environments, preferably with (I)NGOs.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in M&E positions, preferably in the field of peacebuilding
Previous experience conducting Focus Group Discussions and other participatory data collection is a strong advantage.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the social and political landscape relevant to Search Lebanon Programming.
- Experience working/researching in the field of conflict transformation in Lebanon and in the region is a strong advantage.
- Proven knowledge in the Syrian crisis and its impact inside Syria and in host countries.
The ideal candidate will further exhibit
• Proven ability to negotiate multiple relationships with various internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated M&E expertise;
- Dynamic team player with creative problem solving skills, particularly in challenging situations;
- Strong motivation towards Search vision and mission;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Arabic;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated writing and reporting skills;
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Access, and especially Microsoft Excel and other data analysis software, as SPSS;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to-detail;
Deadline for the application is 18th March 2018
The position duration is till 30th June 2018 with possibility of renewing depending on funds
Sound good? To apply, interested candidates should:
- Send a cover letter and current resume to our employment link
- Include the following in your cover letter:
- minimum salary requirements (or current salary)
- projected start date
- where you found this posting.
We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.