وظائف إدارية لدى شبكة الجزيرة الإعلامية في قطر 18 \ 11 \ 2018
Senior Product Manager
Do you have a passion for technology and an aspiration to bring truth to journalism? Are you an experienced technical product manager looking for an international adventure? If so, then Al Jazeera in Doha, Qatar is the place you want to be. Al Jazeera’s mission is to connect and inform the world. We serve as a forum for truth, knowledge, cultural exchange, expression, and human rights. Our team is global, and constantly striving to empower people around the world to be better informed and more connected.
To achieve this global vision, we need to build and deliver a vast array of technology solutions, ranging from highly engaging websites and mobile apps to innovative new solutions and big data analytics that power the experiences the next generation of news consumers will flock to.
As a Senior Product Manager in the Al Jazeera Digital Division, you will define, execute, and deliver one of our digital product lines. You will gather requirements from editorial stakeholders, vet them against competitors and market trends, create the roadmap and user stories for your product line, and own the backlog in our Agile delivery process.
This role is inherently cross-functional as you’ll be leading a product development team that does not report directly to you. This means you must be ready to lead by example and win the trust of your colleagues. To be a successful candidate for this role, you are a proven technical product manager and agile delivery expert, able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high-performance, simple, and secure experiences that Al Jazeera’s audience will love.
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis.
- Define and maintain creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
- Define, groom, and prioritize user stories for each sprint.
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic and technical goals.
- Maintain project controls that accurately reflect completed work against project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with editorial stakeholders and technical project leads.
- Responsible for ownership of product voice and vision.
- Collaborate with other product owners on dependencies.
- Continually drive product development towards a meaningful balance between user needs, business objectives, resource utilization, and technical feasibility.
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of software product or engineering management experience.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Passion for both technology and world affairs.
- Experience working on digital media platforms, web technology and standards, cloud services, and mobile application platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment.
- Hands on experience with Jira, Confluence, or related tools.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
للتقدم للوظيفة من هناتقدم للوظيفة