وظائف إدارية لدى Mercycorps في بيروت لبنان 24\3\2019
الوظيفة الشاغرة :EMD Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager (MEL Manager)-FORSA
Mercy Corps exists to alleviate suffering, poverty, and oppression by helping people build secure, productive, and just communities. The agency pursues its mission through emergency relief services, sustainable community development, civil society and economic development initiatives. Mercy Corps has been present in the Middle East since the 1980s and currently works in Yemen, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, Syria, and Iraq.
Working in Lebanon since 1993, Mercy Corps has implemented community development programs focused on promoting economic development and increased opportunity for disadvantaged communities, while responding to emergencies as they emerged in the country. In 2012, the program portfolio shifted in response to the massive refugee influx from Syria and Mercy Corps in Lebanon has solidified its emergency response programming while integrating longer-term development programming by focusing on key sectors: Protection, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Governance and Conflict, and Livelihoods.
Mercy Corps is currently implementing a three-year program focused on skills training and employment growth to mitigate risks for instability and conflict in the target areas. The Programme aims to support Lebanese communities, Palestinian and Syrian refugees in Central Bekaa, West Bekaa, Chouf, Jezzine and Saida to address their economic needs through employment, increased income for small businesses, and focused improvements to Public and Private TVET centers. The programme is focusing on the Agriculture, Construction and Environment sector.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager is responsible for the technical design of MEL across for the Programme. The EMD MEL Manager will oversee the implementation of standard M&E processes in close collaboration with Programme Manager and MEL staff to ensure there is intentional planning for review of and reflection on data to drive evidence-based programming. The post holder will build internal capacity to constantly improve systems and data quality. The EMD MEL Manager will be closely involved in the research and will lead the design of data collection tools and analysis for the learning agenda and the final impact evaluation.
- Examines program indicators, standardizing and refining based on application, in coordination with Mercy Corps’ global standards;
- Provides technical guidance and recommendations on data collection, measurement and sampling methodologies to ensure quality data is collected and applied;
- Develops data collection tools and templates, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Ensure clear standard processes for data management and data quality checks;
- Leads design and implementation of program evaluations and research studies;
- Works closely with Programme staff to promote course corrections and organizational learning, using examples to build replicable prototypes that can be used by other programs;
Analysis and Data Reporting
- Reviews internal and external reports;
- Produces data analysis to help inform the implementation of the program;
- Produces analytical summaries: graphs, charts, tables, narratives and appealing visuals, as requested, to fulfill internal and external reporting requirements;
- Liaises across will other Mercy Corps programme teams to ensure that the databases complement and align;
Capacity Building and Mentoring
- Encourages development of culture of learning across program team as well as key program stakeholders through systematic analysis and reflection on data;
- Provides training and mentoring in survey design, methodology, data collection, analysis, etc (Specific tools may include CommCare, ODK Collect, Ona, Tableau and Excel);
- Contributes to the knowledge management repository with best practices in MEL and Information Communication Technology and ensure that it is accessible to all staff and
- Provides leadership to ensure that the Programme’s logical framework and monitoring plan meet Mercy Corps’ Program Management Minimum Standards and measure program output, outcomes and impact against goals and indicators;
- Supports the Program Manager and Mercy Corps MEL Advisor to design quality information collection strategies that inform a country-wide system and information management platform;
- Designs and promotes strong feedback loops within EMD programs to enable iterative program design, planning, and management to create a comprehensive system
- Ensures all activities are gender sensitive and follow Mercy Corps’ Gender Equity Policy;
- Apply Do No Harm standards to ensure activities do not have detrimental effects on vulnerable communities;
- Conducts himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Lebanon;
- Participates in internal office coordination and planning meetings and workshops;
- Other duties assigned
Organizational Learning: As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve – we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries: Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, M&E of our field projects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY:
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Programme Manager
SUPERVISES: MEL Officers and Assistants
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Technical Advisors, MEL Advisor, Communication Coordinator
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years relevant professional experience, including at least three years working in M&E.
- Experience leading MEL activities for multi-year; multi component
- Good understanding of program management life cycle and documentation and excellent verbal and written communication skills required within the economic development sector
- Strong research background desired with an ability to design and analyze economic development research through proven methodologies
- Significant experience in training and capacity building of staff and implementing partner agencies.
- Successful experience with use of mobile data collection tools like CommCare, Open Data Kit (ODK) Collect and Ona including XLSForm
- Excellent data management skills, in particular use of Excel with ability to structure and collate data sets for ease of
- Experience developing dashboards/ visualizations to support analysis
للتقدم للوظيفة من هناتقدم للوظيفة