وظائف إدارية للعمل لدى Samaritan’s Purse – العراق
تفاصيل الوظيفة :
Are you an experienced humanitarian leader with a heart for the hurting? As a Program Director in Iraq, you will provide focus to the program’s vision, as well as oversight for the implementation of a program focused on agriculture and livelihoods through large scale greenhouse management. In the aftermath of years of war and tragedy in Iraq, Samaritan’s Purse is engaged in rebuilding resiliency by restoring livelihoods, especially in the agricultural sector. For an opportunity to serve in a tangible way, put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Provide vision and overall guidance on shaping the direction of the program.
- Ensure that the program remains focused on meeting vulnerable populations.
- Spearhead new initiatives with a focus on ministry activities and outreach.
- Provide oversight for set-up, implementation, and maintenance of on-site programs and services.
- Oversee all Human Resources and Security-related issues in partnership with Area Coordinator, Security Manager, and Country Director.
- Oversight of coordination with local authorities, government agencies, and key beneficiary leadership focal points, to ensure clear and coordinated approach to program operations.
- Oversight of negotiation of terms of contracts with private and governmental agencies.
- Oversight of all key program objectives of Program Managers.
- Responsible for regular budget meetings held with Program Managers and Operations Team.
- Responsible for external communications of program activities to government officials, local coordination bodies, and relevant Samaritan’s Purse staff members.
- Identify and design ideas for further livelihood and agricultural programming in the area based on technical recommendations of Program Manager.
- Direct supervision of the Agriculture and Livelihoods Program Manager, and key ministry staff.
- May directly supervise other management positions if required.
- Manage execution of the program’s budget in accordance with organizational protocols.
- Accountable for applicable reporting, and for grant compliance.
- As the Program Director for Samaritan’s Purse, represent the program to external stakeholders.
- Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse Mission Statement.
- Experience working and living overseas (Middle East context preferred), with ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Strong theological background, ideally accompanied by experience in training and/or education.
- Strong knowledge of agriculture and irrigation systems and experience working with contractors and around construction sites.
- Experience designing and/or managing ministry programs in the Middle East.
- Fluent spoken and written English required, Arabic skills preferred.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Above average communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Works well in a diverse team and a pressured environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Cheerful, diplomatic, encourager, concern for the well-being of the team.
- Spiritual maturity; Ability to keep the program’s focus on the overarching mission of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Diplomacy, negotiating skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two year related experience. and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
12 month contract with strong potential for renewal.
This position is accompanied, but unable to accommodate children.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL – EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE – EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION – EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY – EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work