وظائف إدراية شاغرة لدى المجلس الدنماركي للاجئين في بيروت لبنان 26 \ 11 \ 2018
Team Leader- Protection
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
The Protection Team Leader for North Jordan oversees the implementation of protection programs in the field offices in North Jordan: Irbid, Mafraq, and Azraq Camp. The Team Leader works closely with the Protection technical unit in Amman to ensure compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area of operation. The person will coordinate closely with the North Area Manager and Base Managers to ensure protection activities are implemented in line with the overall objectives of the project. The role contributes to the development of base strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Area Manager North. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Programming and Operations
- Manage protection field staff including developing regular work plans, conducting performance evaluations and providing supervision and guidance
- Conduct regular spot checks for protection activities, ensuring quality and effective implementation of protection activities in the AoO
- Provide technical guidance to Base Managers on the implementation of protection programs, in collaboration with the Protection TU.
- Support the base managers in preparing procurement plans for protection activities following the budget and work plan
- Provide capacity building to field teams on protection principles and themes, in collaboration with the Protection TU.
- Coordinate closely with the protection technical unit to ensure timely development and training on tools and SOPs
- Request support from the Protection specialists in the coordination office for training and capacity building for specialized services as needed, and work with the Protection TU to develop technical capacity building plans for protection staff.
- Ensure the execution of procurements for protection activities in coordination with the logistics department
- Coordinate with the MEL department to ensure monitoring and evaluation tools are being effectively implemented and provide guidance to the field teams on carrying out M&E activities
- Ensure protection programs are implemented in line with the overall objectives of the project, and report regularly on progress against indicators
- Other program tasks as requested by the Area Manager
Coordination and Representation
- Represent DRC in relevant technical coordination meetings in the AoO, including co-chairing the Protection working group in Azraq and attending other technical meetings as requested by the area manager and Protection Manager
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external experts on sector relevant issues
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors, coordinating closely with the livelihoods unit to develop integrated protection and livelihoods programs
Project Development and Planning
- Contribute to the country annual review and protection strategy for DRC Jordan
- Contribute to new project proposals and provide inputs from the field in the design of activities
- Identify gaps and opportunities for new protection programs in the AoO and inform the Area Manager and Protection Manager of challenges
- Reporting on progress against protection objectives and outcomes
- Plan protection strategy workshops at the base level in coordination with the Protection Manager
Required / Desirable
At least three years of experience in the protection sectors, including prior experience implementing and overseeing protection programs
You should also have:
- Proven experience and successful track record overseeing protection programs including case management, GBV/ women’s empowerment, PSS, and community based protection programs
- Proven management skills and experience managing field teams
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures
- Minimum 3 years practical experience with an INGO in an international humanitarian context
- Full professional proficiency in English and Arabic
Ideally, you also have
- Previous experience working in a camp setting
- Ability to communicate technical information in an easy to understand, informative and collaborative manner
- Good knowledge of the Core Humanitarian Standards or other accountability measures/standards
- University degree in management, social science, humanitarian assistance, law or any other relevant field
- Master’s degree in related area of study preferred
- English & Arabic (fluent)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 month contract including three months as probation period, renewable based on both funding and performance.
Designation of Duty Station: Mafraq, Irbid, Azraq Camp
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 6 December 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
للتقدم للوظيفة من هنا