وظائف تدريس شاغرة لدى Gems Education في دبي الإمارات العربية 8\6\2019
المسمى الوظيفي : Bilingual Teaching Assistant
3035 – Bilingual Teaching Assistant
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
Assist the teacher with reading related activities.
- Run small group activities inside or outside the classroom as directed by the teacher.
- Prepare and tidy up classroom activities. Mount work displays and assist with preparation of displays.
- Photocopy documents and assist with preparation of worksheets etc as requested.
- Responsible for covering class for short periods of time in emergency situations.
- Tidy and rearrange stock cupboards and distribute new stock.
- Take children to toilet and change/clean them when necessary.
- Develop familiarity with relevant aspects of the curriculum eg literacy,
- numeracy and Phonetics.
Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Ensure tact, confidentiality and discretion at all times. Maintain confidential information and ensure information pertaining to students and the school is not shared or discussed without the approval of the teacher or senior management team.
Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors.Responsible for the school library, the librarian primarily has the task of introducing books and encouraging the enjoyment of reading.
- Assist students to find books appropriate to their reading level and interest and help students and staff source topic-related books for study.
- Responsible for arrangements for students to borrow library books, keeping records of books borrowed, following up on unreturned books via written letters to parents etc.
- Develop reading lists for various age levels.
- Teach younger students about books, their treatment and the library layout including the Dewey Decimal classification system.
- Liaise with Heads of Department to select and prepare annual library order including selection and renewal of subscriptions for periodicals. Place orders and process delivery of new books.
- Computer cataloguing of all books using the Dewey Decimal system if applicable and produce catalogues of books held.
- Repair and withdraw old books.
- Responsible for the storage, maintenance and access to the audio-visual library.
- Where appropriate, find and encourage volunteer assistance and teach volunteers the procedures and processes of the library.
- Maintain, update and make available examination material (past papers, syllabi etc) and college and careers material.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the library ensuring it is comfortable, well lit, attractive, organised, clearly signposted etc.
- Participate in the selection, training and supervision of library support staff.
Experience and Qualifications
- Good level of general education especially in Maths, English and Arabic
- Bilingual Arabic and English speaker
- Strong communication skills with excellent standard of written and spoken English and Arabic. ICT skills desirable. Able to handle a range of tasks, work under pressure and relate well to children and colleagues. At least one year’s experience in a library in an educational setting.
- Qualification in librarianship/library science.
A committed and creative individual with excellent organisational skills. Strong interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with students and staff.
About Your Benefits