وظائف تمريض للعمل لدى مركز السدرة للطب والبحوث – قطر
Nurse Practitioner – All Specialties
SIDRA3762 – Nurse Practitioner – All Specialties
Sidra Medicine is a state of the art academic medical center that will function to the level of the highest international standards. Its clinical focus is on the specialty care of women and children.
Sidra’s Vision is: “Sidra Medicine will be a beacon of learning, discovery and exceptional care, ranked among the top medical centers in the world”.
Achieving this vision will encompass three essential activities:
World Class: Patient and Family Centered Care Health Education Biomedical Discovery
Once fully operational by mid-2018, Sidra Medicine will handle 275,000 outpatient appointments, 11,000 procedures, 100,000 emergency attendances and deliver over 9,000 babies per year, adding capacity to a rapidly growing population and delivering world-class specialist care.
The hospital will include 10 operating theatres, 400 beds, 100 percent single rooms with a private bathroom, a birthing center and an emergency department.
Sidra Medical and Research Center will provide world class excellence in clinical care, teaching and biomedical research for the women and children of Qatar. Sidra will utilize a collaborative model of care following the Patient and Family Centered Care Model, with the patient and family as the locus of control in their care. Collaboration between the innovative care teams of healthcare providers (physicians, APNs, nurse, allied healthcare providers etc.) is linked to provide positive outcomes for the patient.
The Advanced Practice Nurse works within the multidisciplinary clinical team to provide individualized patient care and patient/family education. S/he promotes evidenced based practice by conducting or participating in research and academic activities. The role is unique to the Advanced Practice Nurses specialty area and in accordance with individual credentialing and privileging through the Medical Staff Office.
The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) is a licensed independent practitioner who is responsible for managing health problems and coordinating age appropriate health care for the patient. S/he is part of the innovative care team that will meet the individual needs of the patient and their family. The APN practices in accordance with Qatar’s Council for Healthcare Practitioner (QCHP) rules and regulations and the APNs professional body’s standards of care providing evidence-based best practice care in an age appropriate care model. Included in their scope of practice is performing histories, examinations, ordering appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic tests and procedures along with prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions. The APN manages chronic patient conditions. S/he is instrumental in providing patient and family education. The APN is an active and respected member of the Healthcare team designed to meet the individual needs of the patient and her family. The APN takes key responsibility as a patient advocate and ensuring referral of the patient when necessary.
- Functions independently to evaluates and treats patients with complex acute, critical and chronically ill patients, according to written guidelines as defined by the nurse practitioner’s professional scope of practice as defined by the QCHP and in adherence with Sidra’s agreed upon scopes of practice
- Performs age appropriate histories on new patients
- Performs pertinent physical exams with assessment of the normal and abnormal findings on new patients
- Obtains age appropriate interval histories on return patients
- Performs focused examinations on return patients
- Performs or requests and evaluates diagnostic studies as indicated upon evaluation of the patient
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment modalities (obtains counter-signature on prescription from the supervising physician for medications not included in the approved formulary)
- Prescribes physical therapy and other rehabilitation treatments
- Performs designated procedures after demonstrating competency and according to written standardized procedure where applicable
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings: admissions, transfers and discharges and completes appropriate documentation
- Works across all service lines by collaborating with multidisciplinary team members and making appropriate referrals
- Applies critical thinking to make independent determinations on process and policy exceptions that need to be defined on a case by case judgment
- Where appropriate and skilled, assists the physician in the operating room in accordance with operating room protocols
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions. Individualizes the plan of care, treatment based upon the desired treatment outcomes
- Recognizes and considers the age-specific needs of the patient (prenatal care, well-child care including screening and immunizations), health-maintenance
- Utilizes effective communication and interactions with patients, family, staff and members of the community from diverse backgrounds
- Acts as advisor and facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools
- Provides counseling/anticipatory guidance to patient, family and/or staff regarding physical, psychological or developmental needs
- Recognizes situations which require the immediate attention of a physician and initiates life-saving procedures when necessary
- Provides expert education, consultation, advocacy research, leadership and mentorship
- Promotes the advancement of the advanced practice nursing profession at Sidra and the community-at-large. This may include publication, participation in professional organizations and providing educational support to the nursing staff
- In consultation with the collaborating physician, enrolls patients in investigational studies approved by the Investigational Review Board (IRB), and orders necessary tests and medications
- Participates in research design, implementation and interpretation
- Meets Sidra’s core measures of performance related to patient care, medical knowledge, practice based learning and improvement, interpersonal communication skills, professionalism, and system based practice
Fiscal and Human Resources Management
- Takes into consideration the appropriateness and cost effectiveness of services utilized (both human and material resources) in providing care
Professional and Educational Accountability
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others
- Assess the learning needs of patient and families, and develops and/or implements teaching programs to meet these identified needs in the hospital or community/
- Provides formal and informal consultation to members of the multidisciplinary team in the hospital and ambulatory setting as well as to the community at large
- Initiates and/or participates in the development of hospital policies, procedures, and protocols regarding patient care
- Is active in Departmental, Divisional and hospital committees
- Maintains knowledge of current/new evidence-based practices and incorporates findings into clinical practice
- Takes accountability for their own clinical and professional growth based on evaluation and feedback. In collaboration with leadership, sets realistic goals for performance plan
- Maintains competence and professional development in alignment with the Departments of Medicine and Nursing
- Maintains license, certification or registration as required
- Performs other duties when appropriate
Customer Relations and Communication
- Consistently utilizes and facilitates effective communication strategies giving appropriate and constructive feedback to individual patients, families, and other members of the health care team regarding behavior that is detrimental to the achievement of hospital and patient care goals and outcomes
- Through teamwork and accountability, exhibits behaviors and attitudes of courtesy and respect to patients, families and to all members of the health care team
- Consistently presents and conducts oneself in a professional manner
- Consistently acts in a proactive manner to assist the consumer through all facets of the Sidra system
- Demonstrates behaviors that support performance improvement activities
Performs other duties as requested.
In view of the evolving needs and opportunities within Sidra during this pre-operational phase, this position may be required to perform other duties as assigned and reporting relationships may vary.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Holds the appropriate Board Certification for specialty
- A Minimum of 3+ years’ experience as a registered nurse PLUS a minimum of 2 years of experience as an APN in experience in the same specialization after Master’s degree or PhD Pediatric Emergency Services
- Basic Life Support certification (Pediatric/Adult)
- Advanced Life Support certification required in some specialty areas
- Ability to utilize extended education, skills and experience in the assessment, evaluation, diagnosis and management of acute and chronic illness and disease (e.g. Hypertension, diabetes, dyslidemia, anemia, asthma, depression, anxiety, obesity, osteoarthritis, smoking cessation, thyroid disorder, wound care, musculoskeletal disorder, etc.)
- Skilled in obtaining patient histories and conducting physical examinations
- Skilled in ordering and performing diagnostic studies (e.g. Lab tests, x-rays and EKGs)
- Skilled in prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions (prescriptive authority)
- Skilled in providing prenatal care
- Skilled in providing well-child care, including screening and immunizations
- Demonstrated ability in providing primary and specialty care services
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Knowledge of advanced nursing practice must be at a formal level of education including board certification. Applicant must have a professional mastery of the scope of professional practice. Must undertake considerable independent judgment with direct impact on the patient’s health, well-being and satisfaction within authority and own job scope.
- Trust: Being competent; acting consistently, reliably and predictably; acting with honesty and integrity; respecting patient, employee and commercial confidentiality; delivering on commitments
- Care: Acting with empathy, kindness and compassion; being humble; listening and responding; acting with cultural sensitivity; Caring for patients and staff
- Teamwork: Sharing information and knowledge and learning from demonstrated expertise; being respectful, and thereby earning respect of others; acting with professionalism; leading and following; collaborating and being accessible
- Transparency: Frequent and honest communication; open access to information for decision making; willingly acknowledge shortcomings; speaking up about concerns; publishing performance indicators
- Innovation: Freedom to innovate; welcoming ideas and encouraging creativity; supporting talent; creating confidence; celebrating successes
- Efficiency: Providing measurable value; using data to drive decision making; having and achieving clear goals; building processes that work; continuously improving outcomes in patient and family care
By submitting your CV or job application, you acknowledge that any personal or other information you supply to us may be used by Sidra to assess, evaluate and check your candidacy. You further acknowledge that we may make copies, reproduce, organise, modify, and analyse the information supplied for the purposes of making a selection decision.
You expressly acknowledge that submitting your application does not mean that you will be contacted for an interview or that you will be made an offer of employment.
We reserve the right to discontinue the recruitment process at any stage. Similarly, you have the right to withdraw your active application at any stage of the recruitment process.
We would like to assure your application will be treated with due diligence and thank you for considering employment with Sidra.