وظائف شاغرة لدى السفارة البريطانية براتب 1500 دينار في الأردن 31\ 10 \ 2018
View Vacancy – CSSF Yemen Project and Finance Officer, Yemen Office Network
The British Embassy in Amman is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual for the position ofCSSF Yemen Project and Finance Officer, Grade – B3 (L).
Purpose of the job:
This is an exciting opportunity to help to deliver the UK Government’s Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) in Yemen. This position is based in the British Embassy in Amman’s Yemen CSSF Team. The Yemen CSSF team implements programmes totalling around £8m per year and you will remote manage the finance and delivery of HMG CSSF projects to enhance stability in Yemen.
Finance (around 50% of the role)
- Professional management of programme and project finances, including receipting, paying invoices, overseeing the budget, ensuring accurate forecasts, and investigating and solving problems.
- Scrutinising financial information received from implementers, leading on financial meetings, and resolving problems to ensure effective spend.
Project management (around 40% of the role)
- Alongside the CSSF Programme Manager jointly manage around £8m of CSSF Yemen projects, including managing implementing partners, contract management, monitoring and evaluation, ensuring value for money, risk management, and communications.
- Identifying, recommending, and implementing improvements to ensure projects deliver the greatest possible benefits for Yemen and the UK.
- Organising and attending project-related events in Amman, encouraging experience-sharing between project partners, and staying abreast of research and developments in Yemen.
- Persuasive engagement with UK Government colleagues to ensure the successful delivery of our programmes.
- Providing programme management support for the wider Yemen Office Network’s delivery of the Global Britain Fund (GBF).
Programme administration support (around 10% of the role)
- High quality administrative support to the CSSF Yemen Team including coordinating meetings, transport, and logistics; managing correspondence and team budgets.
- Responding flexibly and actively to evolving priorities and needs.
Key Competencies and Required Skills:
- Delivering Value for Money – The efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services. Seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay.
- Delivering at Pace – Delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Making Effective Decisions – Effectiveness in being objective; using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Collaborating and Partnering – People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
·Fluent communication skills in English (both written and spoken, this will be tested).
·Minimum two years’ experience of successfully delivering programmes/projects in an international political/development context, preferably in a bilateral or multilateral aid agency.
·Contract management experience
·Candidates should be highly organised and able to work in a diverse, high-performing environment.
·Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build productive working relations with project implementers and wider stakeholders.
·Proven ability to take responsibility for own work, with a track record as a team player.
·Strong analytical and decision-making skills are required to deliver projects in a dynamic environment.
·Experience of managing budgets and working with financial information.
·Literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
·Fluent oral and written Arabic.
·A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
·Knowledge of Yemeni politics and society.
·Experience working on conflict, stability and peace process related issues.
·Experience of monitoring and evaluation processes and/or implementing gender sensitive
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The position is full-time, at 37 hours a week with considerations of flexibility depending on circumstances.
Pay is on the Embassy B3 (L) scale, with a salary of JOD 1546 per month depending on the candidate’s skills and experience. The package includes a good level of health insurance and a friendly, English-speaking work environment. We offer opportunities to develop professional skills through our Learning & Development offer. Leave entitlement is 25 days (pro rated) plus 14 public holidays.
Yemen Office Network
BE Sana’a suspended operations in February 2015 due to the poor security situation in Yemen. The Embassy is currently working, with reduced staffing levels, as the Yemen Office Network, based out of BE Riyadh, BE Amman and London. It is not certain when we will re-open in Yemen. If and when we do return, it is likely that this role will eventually return to Sana’a, however the current job holder will be under no obligation to take up the position in Yemen. In the event that this position returns to Sana’a, the terms and conditions, pay and contract will be revised accordingly. The job holder would be given first refusal on continuing the role, but would need to consider the wider implications and revised terms and conditions before committing.
If you are selected for this position, we will be able to employ you as long as you:
- Receive the appropriate level of standard security clearance;
- Have (or be willing to obtain) the right to live and work in Jordan. Candidate’s residence permit and work permit, and the expense to obtain them, will be their own responsibility.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
1. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2. A (700 words) covering letter/statement of suitability outlining the competence and experience required.
** (Applications that do not include the above stated information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 6 November 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for interview/assessment will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local labour law.
The British Embassy Amman is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
للتقدم للوظيفة من هنا