وظائف شاغرة لدى السفارة الكندية – الأردن
تفاصيل الوظيفة :
position title: Political Officer
Type: Term until 31-03-2019 with the possibility of a term extension subject to funding, operational needs, satisfactory performance and mutual agreement (Anticipatory)
Department: Embassy of Canada in Amman
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Category: Political
Salary range: 20,210 JOD gross per annum + bonuses (13th and 14th month pro-rata dependent on start date)
Location: Jordan, Amman
Closing date: 23 March 2018 (At midnight UTC/GMT)
Summary of Duties
Under the general direction of the Foreign Policy and Diplomacy Service Program Manager (FPDS PM), incumbent supports delivery of Canada’s Counter-Daesh Strategy in Jordan by following local and regional news through traditional and non-traditional sources; developing a network of new contacts for his/her own use and by other members of the Embassy team; producing reports, analyses and recommendations based on the news and networking on own initiative or as directed by FPDS PM on relevant subjects concerning Jordan or the region. In addition, the incumbent will assist in preparing content for relevant social media posts related to Canada’s Counter-Daesh strategy implementation in Jordan; and supporting visits as necessary.
Area of Selection/Eligibility
Open to applicants eligible to work in Jordan, employees currently occupying an indeterminate or term position at the embassy of Canada in Amman or in the Middle East and Maghreb, who meet all of the essential qualifications and whose applications are received by the closing date
The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their CV and/or covering letter that they meet all the essential qualifications (Education, Experience and language criteria)
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a major in a discipline related to the job requirements (e.g. journalism, political science, history, sociology, international relations, or international studies) or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
• Proficiency in Arabic (oral, reading and written);
• Proficiency in English and/or French (oral, reading and written).
• At least 18 months of professional experience in the last 5 years, in a media, government, NGO or other research environment with duties that included conducting research, interviews, analysis and the drafting of reports or news articles in Arabic and English and/or French.
• Knowledge of local political, social, and economic issues in Jordan, as well as regional and international security issues affecting Jordan.
• Knowledge of use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
• Ability to work independently, manage priorities and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain a network of contacts.
• Be action oriented and demonstrate initiative.
• Exercise sound judgment.
• Teamwork and cooperation.
• Effective interpersonal relations.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:
• Experience in managing and preparing content through traditional or social media;
• Knowledge of key elements of Canadian government priorities and polices in the Middle East.
If candidates meet the factors listed in the asset qualifications they must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors in their covering letter.
• Required to work overtime sometimes on short notice (evenings and weekend, if necessary);
• Required to travel outside Amman sometimes on short notice.
Conditions of Employment
• Ability to obtain a Government of Canada Enhanced Reliability Clearance, which requires a criminal background check;
• Must have valid work authorization for Jordan covering the employment period.
How to apply
• Please follow the link http://chc.amris.com/wizards_v2/chc/vacancyView.php?requirementId=2194& and complete the online application form in English or French. Candidates are also required to upload a CV and a covering letter. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Candidates must demonstrate concisely in their cover letter how they meet the essential and asset qualifications.
• Candidates are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. They are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application (English or French).
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Please note that some email systems may block emails from unknown users. Candidates should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including junk mail.
• Candidates selected at the screening stage will be invited for further assessment. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• Please note that the Embassy of Canada in Amman does not sponsor work permits directly or indirectly.
• The Embassy of Canada in Amman does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending exams or interviews then please let us know during the application process.
• The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada to Amman which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
• Note that anticipatory means the position is not yet approved. The successful candidate will only be hired if the position is approved.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the process please send an email to RSCEMA.Personnel@international.gc.ca