وظائف شاغرة لدى اللجنة الدولية للإغاثة – عمان – الأردن
تفاصيل الوظيفة :
تعلن اللجنة الدولية للاغاثة في عمان عن حاجتها الى :
Cash Senior Officer
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
As a global humanitarian organization, the IRC has unique capabilities – and is particularly known for rigorous research and evidence-based programs. A key initiative that supports this strategy is the IRC Research & Development (R&D) lab, aimed at investing in the design, development, and scaling of new humanitarian interventions and delivery models. The lab seeks to apply best practices from human-centered design, rapid iteration, multi-disciplinary problem-solving, and an innovation portfolio management function in the humanitarian context.
Through the Jordan Country Program, the R&D lab is launching an innovative employment hub that aims to generate at scale employment opportunities for Jordanians and Syrian refugees in Jordan The IRC has been operational in Jordan since 2007 and today, the IRC responds to refugees and Jordanians most urgent and sensitive needs, including health care, women’s protection and empowerment, child protection, and economic resiliency. Building off existing IRC Jordan livelihoods and protection programming, the employment hub will house a series of new, data-driven, experimental interventions that seek to match-make Jordanians, refugees and firms and provide the necessary support to individuals in getting to work.
One of the interventions to be tested will be cash transfers, intended to address any barriers to entering the workforce that could be addressed through financial support, such as transportation or child care.
The Cash Senior Officer Position is responsible for carrying out all aspects of the cash transfer component of the Employment Hub. The Officer will spend his/her time split between the office and the field. The Officer will ensure smooth functioning of cash distribution disbursement mechanisms, and that cash distribution follows IRC protocol and compliance. The officer will develop and oversee the implementation of protocols and process that allow employment service officers to assess job seekers’ eligibility for cash through interviews and home visits, determine appropriate cash package, ensure appropriate and timely payment to beneficiaries; register and respond to complaints; and conduct post-distribution monitoring. The officer will also be responsible for working directly with the Employment Service Manger to oversee compliance in cash transfer distribution. As appropriate and necessary, the officer will mediate any conflicts between beneficiaries and the IRC.
Project Planning and Implementation
• Prepare and maintain/update detailed cash programming work plan(s) that support and achieve the overall grant timeline and completion date.
• Work with full Employment Hub team to ensure cash programming is in line with research goals, programmatic goals, and technology development.
• Develop implementation guidance and standards on how and when to determine appropriate level and processes for cash distribution, and train staff on the methodology.
• Manage/monitor cash budgets and track expenditures to ensure that all spending is in line with approved budgets and timelines, including developing monthly program spending plan and cash forecasts.
• Develop and document appropriate mechanism for cash transfers, ensuring that transfers adhere to the IRC’s policies and procedures and that effective, transparent accounting procedures are in place.
• Ensure appropriate messages are transferred to the beneficiaries, non-beneficiaries, employers, and other key actors.
• Ensure appropriate training of all relevant actors in the cash distribution system, including IRC and non-IRC staff.
• Ensure beneficiary feedback and response mechanism activities are undertaken.
• Oversee coordination and contracting with any partners (banks, etc.) to facilitate transfers.
Project Monitoring and Reporting
• Assist in the conduct of market and risk assessments
• Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solu-tions and implement modifications as required.
• Monitor progress against grant work plan; promptly identify any current or potential delays
• Promptly identify and recommend solutions to technical issues
• Produce/contribute to IRC and donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) on cash transfer activities, indicators and achievements.
• Assist supervisors to ensure all cash-related monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection as required under the grant and for IRC M&E purposes
• Conduct spot checks of employment service officers to ensure they are following protocol and follow up with beneficiaries to ensure they are receiving transfers.
• Oversee and execute all financial compliance for grants reporting as it relates to cash transfers.
Coordination and Representation
• Serve as the main focal person in the field for the cash component of programming; maintain respectful and constructive relations; and ensure regular meetings and ongoing coordination
• Work collaboratively with IRC supply chain, finance and admin/HR staff to process Purchase Requests, and Payment Vouchers
• Build good team spirit with IRC field and Amman including program and support staff
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
• All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Employment Service Deputy Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal: Regular interaction with colleagues across the Employment Hub team, including in particular the Employment Service Officers, the Platform Specialist, the Research Specialist, the Employment Hub Manager, and the Employment Hub Coordinator. Interaction with Finance team and Cash team as needed to ensure compliance with IRC protocol.
External: Coordinate with all actors involved in cash distributions. Regular interactions with job seekers and potentially with employers.
Impact of work:
Flexible cash budget is appropriately spent, ensuring that job seekers are appropriately supported to enable them to enter the labor market; and that IRC had documented best practice that can be used in other contexts.
Minimum: Bachelor’s or equivalent
Preferred: Master’s degree
• Degree or Diploma in finance, economics, business development, agri-economics or business, community development, rural development or similar.
• 4 years relevant experience for Degree and or 6 years relevant experience for Diploma.
• Experience working with vulnerable populations
• Proven abilities and experience in cash based programming is a plus
• Experience in financial tracking and compliance
• Experience with data collection and analysis
• Personal qualities: Works well in teams, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Fluency in English and Arabic
• Experience with employment programs
• Experience with INGOs
• Experience with data management or technology development
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent computer skills: facility with MS Word, Excel, and email/internet software, and open source data collection tools such as ODK or Kobo;
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills: possess the ability to communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues and partners; and works well within a team environment;
• Ability to empathize with populations affected by conflict, including refugee and host communities;
• Ability to conduct routine data collection or monitoring activities with situational awareness, cultural sensitivity, and compassion to people’s circumstances;
• Solid organizational skills: the ability to work productively in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and collaborative environment and the ability to independently manage a multi-faceted workload and meet strict deadlines;
• Accuracy and attention to detail a must; sensitivity when working with highly confidential information and ability to maintain complete discretion at all times;
• Ability to identify areas to increase efficiency of our systems;
• Proven ability to plan and manage a variety of projects and high work volume: must work well under pressure, prioritize, show flexibility, and solve problems creatively;
Licenses or Certifications: Not required
Language Skills: English and Arabic
Working Environment: Position will require office and field based work