وظائف شاغرة لدى برنامج الأغذية العالمي – بيروت – لبنان
تفاصيل الوظيفة :
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Post title: Retail Associate – SC 6
This vacancy announcement will close on 21 May 2018 at 11:59 PM, Rome Time
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
-Duration: Up to 31 December 2018 (Renewable)
– This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
– Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Secondary School Education. University Degree in Management, Economics, Supply Chain, Retail or other related field is a plus.
At least five (5) years of responsible experience in operational grocery retail. Experience as a store manager is a plus.
Fluent in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Retail Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Create and develop kits and training tools for shops and for the Retail team to accompany the shops;
- Build the capacity of the Retail and Monitoring Assistants in retail expertise (how to properly run a shop) so they can assist the shops in that area;
- Supervise directly the Retail Assistants and indirectly the Monitoring Assistants, making sure priorities are set with the Retail Manager are fulfilled;
- Keep track of shops compliance to the key contract performance indicators in terms of hygiene, safety, layout, data sending, pricing, etc. and the evolution of shops in time;
- Collaborate with Sub-Office and Country Office Retail teams on shops that should be flagged for Shop Management Group’s analysis;
- Coordinate with the Retail Manager and the Sub-Offices on the Purchasing Power actions (buying club, preferred wholesale,etc.) and potentially interact with retailers and suppliers/distributors;
- Coordinate with retailers and Sub-Offices to ensure efficiency of the Retail operations and network;
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Knowledge of shop management
- Strong managerial and tutoring skills
- Ability to communicate and convince, especially in a non-hierarchical environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.