وظائف شاغرة لدى برنامج الأغذية العالمي – بيروت – لبنان
تفاصيل الوظيفة :
This position will close on 02 April 2018 at 11:59 PM, Rome Time
Duration: One (01) Month
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in Agriculture or any relevant field.
Experience: At least five (5) years of professional post graduate experience in poultry production, sustainable agriculture, rural development or any relevant field.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) are currently implementing a joint project on “Enhancing Food Security and Livelihoods of Small Farmers through Semi-intensive Egg Production”. Through this project, FAO will provide selected beneficiaries with chicken and related materials to build chicken coops among other activities. WFP will also provide the beneficiaries with electronic vouchers (similar to a bank card) so that they can purchase poultry feed from a supplier among other interventions. The produced eggs are expected to contribute to the livelihoods of the farmers.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority and in coordination with the Programme Policy Officer (Safety Nets) and the overall guidance of the Head of CBT Unit, the Programme Policy Officer will be responsible for developing training material and conducting training to the selected beneficiaries on the following topics as a means of improving market access:
- Guidance on agricultural products packaging (mainly eggs, processed agro-food products);
- Guidance on promoting agricultural products (mainly eggs) – marketing techniques to be used;
- Guidance on reducing residues in Agro-Food products;
- Guidance on estimating profit;
- Food processing for commercial purposes (eggs as a raw material);
- Train on technical issues related to poultry management including diseases and nutrition and on egg production.
- Perform other poultry, rural development related duties as required.
Deliverable during the assignment:
The incumbent is expected to deliver a minimum of twenty five (25) training sessions across Lebanon. In addition, he/she should submit a final report on all the trainings completed.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience in agricultural extension is an asset
- Extent and relevance of experience in organizing meetings, and training workshops.
- Proven skills in rapid appraisal, data analysis and report writing in English;
- Excellent Computer skills in MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
– Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.