وظائف شاغرة لدى مؤسسة عبد الحميد شومان – الأردن
General Objective :
The Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the facilities at the Abdul Hameed Shoman locations. He/she supports the programs and departments managers by taking care of operational support duties. The position holder shall foster a culture of accountability and ensures that organizational resources are used in the most cost-effective manner. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality in dealing with personnel and finance matters. He/she must be friendly, courteous and have a professional approach towards staff and stakeholders.
Summary of Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the management team, and lead the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
- Improve processes and policies in support of the Foundation’s goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Lead the Foundation’s strategy to automate its operations, maximize employee adoption and usage of the different technologies, and minimize resistance.
- Facilitate coordination and communication between the support functions (HR, IT, Finance, Communications).
- Develop strategic plans for the operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans
- Responsible for planning and budgeting for day-to-day operational effectiveness in conjunction with the relevant departments and projects managers.
- Day to day management of operations in the following areas: procurement, inventory, maintenance, cleaning, health and safety, security, utilities, vehicles operations and events logistics.
- Improve efficiency by tracking operations of the different departments and programs and provide suggestions and recommendations to enable a more effective and efficient workflow.
- Ensure that effective and efficient events management and logistics are delivered to staff – including transportation, events logistics, guest relations, premises maintenance and security and overseeing the daily activities.
- Enhance procurement strategies including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, and quality management
- Monitor the contracts in the administration unit to achieve value for money.
- Oversee organizational insurance policies and ensure health and safety of all visitors of the Foundation premises.
- Management of petty cash, ensuring that all payments and accountabilities meet the required standards.
- Procurement of office and other supplies for the Foundation in line with set procurement procedures.
- Assisting in the preparations of RFPs and RFQs for new projects.
- Inventory management for all facility assets.
- Motor vehicle scheduling and management
- Supervision and management of stores
- Supervision and evaluation of service providers’ performance.
- Works with the maintenance technicians in ensuring good care of all buildings and facilities of the Foundation.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Business Computing or other closely related degree.
- 10 years relevant work experience, at least 5 of which involve similar senior experience of operational management of organizations and programs
- Experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices
- Solid knowledge of the operations of the Foundation’s business
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Experience in managing and leading other staff teams.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-site organization with a matrix structure, requiring strong communication, organization & negotiation skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Arabic and English language skills, both written and oral with practical computer skills and competence with Microsoft office environment.