وظائف شاغرة لدى مكتب الشئون الخارجية وشؤون الكومونولث – بيروت – لبنان
تفاصيل الوظيفة :
The UK’s Syria Office in the British Embassy in Beirut has a vacancy for the position of Syria Scholarships Officer, Grade – A2 (L).
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to lead the UK’s prestigious Chevening Scholarships programme for Syrians. Based in the UK Government’s Syria Office in Beirut, you will be responsible for driving forward a busy and rewarding programme identifying and supporting future Syrian leaders. You will also have responsibilities for financial and office management for a friendly and highly-motivated team dedicated to delivering UK policy on Syria and there will be opportunity for you to be involved in the supporting the UK’s digital and social media on Syria.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead the Syria Chevening Scholarship programme. Particularly:
• Managing the application cycle for Syrians, including promoting the scheme to Syrians, organising and running interviews for 100+ applicants.
• Improving alumni engagement, particularly through building good relationships with the hundreds of Syrian Chevening alumni, and managing online platforms connecting alumni.
• Arranging events, including receptions and seminars.
• Developing a range of social media activity in support of the programme.
• Developing the Chevening programme to better support UK policy on Syria.
2. Lead financial management and oversight for the Syria Office Beirut budget.
3. Lead on office management for the Syria Office Beirut, including organising programmes for visitors
Key Competences required for the job:
• Seeing the Big Picture – Seeing the big picture is about having an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives and the wider public needs.
• Leading and Communicating – Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. It’s about supporting principles of fairness of opportunity for all and a dedication to a diverse range of citizens.
• Collaborating and Partnering – People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
• Delivering at Pace – Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. For all staff, it’s about working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
• Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic (both spoken and written)
• High motivation and energy
• Strong organisational skills and ability to deliver high quality work to deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
• Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively
• Good IT skills including knowledge of MS Office and online platforms including Twitter and Facebook
• We welcome applications from Syrians.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
Conditioned working hours are 40 hours gross per week. The Embassy is committed to ensuring that you are able to maintain a suitable work-life balance. Leave entitlement is 20 days (pro rated) plus 14 public holidays.
Some flexibility in working hours will be permitted subject to negotiation and agreement. The successful candidate will be required to attend set weekly meetings and some internal and external events possibly after working hours.
The embassy offers a competitive remuneration package in line with local labour law (including transport, family, education allowances, and medical insurance coverage).
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
1. An updated Curriculum Vitae
2. Please provide examples of performance in each competency on the motivation section of the online application form.
3. A covering letter stating why you feel you have the necessary skills to perform well in the above role.
*** (Applications that do not include the above information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Beirut Time) on 9 April 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period. Interviews will be held at the British Embassy Beirut Office. Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment/interview will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
Candidates must ensure that they are eligible to work and reside in Lebanon.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Lebanon employment law.