وظائف طبية شاغرة لدى مركز السدرة للطب والبحوث في قطر 3\6\2019
المسمى الوظيفي : Division Chief – Ophthalmology
الجهة الموظفة : مركز سدرة للطب والبحوث
دولة العمل: قطر
SIDRA4797 – Division Chief – Ophthalmology
Department: Ophthalmology Div
Division: Surgery Dept
Contract Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 30-Jun-2019
- In conjunction with the Clinical Chief, identifies and articulates the vision, strategic direction. and growth of the Division of Pediatric Ophthalmologic Surgery and leads the implementation of strategies to achieve them.
- Promotes a culture of excellent efficient and quality service delivery in a congenial, supportive, collaborative and equitable environment. Works collaboratively with other division chiefs, directors and all other division staff to ensure that cohesive cross functional teams are developed.
- Leads clinical service planning, service development and capacity planning for the division – specifically, working closely with anesthesia and the surgical executive to develop the patient care capacity required to safely and efficiently provide the full spectrum of pediatric ophthalmologic procedures required by the Sidra-Hamad Joint Pediatric Program. This includes the intraoperative environment and instrumentation, surgical and diagnostic equipment scheduling, and inpatient and outpatient care pathways.
- Develops and implements the policies and procedures required to guide and support the provision of pediatric ophthalmologic services for the Sidra-Hamad Joint Pediatric Program.
- Develops and provides leadership of the multi-disciplinary teams required for optimal care of the Ophthalmologic Surgical patient population. This will include the development of non-physician care providers within the Ophthalmology care team. The divisional leader will be responsible for the administrative reporting structures, ongoing professional assessment and professional development of this important component of the team.
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate monitoring of the quality of the ophthalmology care provided is done including participation in Department wide initiatives such as the National Surgical Quality Improvement Project (NSQIP). The Division Chief is also responsible for identifying problems if they should ensue and developing effective strategies for improving and optimizing outcomes on a continual basis
- Provides monitoring of the professional performance of all individuals in the Division who have clinical privilege including ongoing and focused professional practice evaluations (OPPE and FPPE). Ensures that division members participate in ongoing maintenance of competence programs that follows recognized standards.
- Promotes leadership and direction for the development of strategies for the recruitment, retention, and direct mission of excellence for the Division and the medical staff in general. Collaborates with the Clinical Chief to execute the strategies.
- Promotes mentorship and academic career development for Division members.
- Responsible for all administrative related activities of the Division unless otherwise provided for by the hospital and ensures divisional representation on all requested committees
- Ensures that the staff of the Division provides services that are in compliance with all applicable standards and requirements of the Joint Commission International, Qatar Supreme Health Council and all other applicable regulatory bodies.
- Participates with the Clinical Chief in creating and managing budgets for the Division.
- Makes recommendations for the purchase of capital and other equipment and participates in the evaluation of products for use by different members of the Division to ensure their safety and efficacy.
- Sets and achieves targets to drive continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided and initiates actions for necessary improvements according to Sidra Board initiatives.
- Works with the Chief of Service to establish and update call coverage for consultative and operative care of the pediatric population requiring Ophthalmology care and assures that there is appropriate clinical coverage for all patients requiring care from the Division (including emergency care) for the Sidra-Hamad Joint Pediatric Program.
- Ensures all members of the Division optimize the use of electronic medical records.
- In conjunction with the Chief of Service ensures the implementation of robust clinical governance structures and processes to ensure patient safety.
- In collaboration with Weill Cornell Medical College-Qatar, works to provide teaching support by the members of the division for the undergraduate medical students and surgical residents as required for pediatric and general ophthalmology instruction following an ACGME curriculum. Provides divisional support for programs to mentor and support students.
- In conjunction with the Chief Research Officer and Departmental Head of Research, ensures a program of clinical and translational research is developed, promoted and delivered within the Division.
- Is actively involved in research, graduate teaching, and publication in higher impact refereed journals.
- Ensures effective communication with and involvement of all staff within the division in regards to key decisions and initiatives.
- Participates in programs designed to foster positive relations between physicians and the hospital operations and administration.
- Assists with marketing strategies to inform physicians, their staff and the public of Sidra’s Pediatric
- Surgical Programs, services and resources.
- Promotes and evaluates physician community outreach programs as appropriate.
- Identifies and coordinates resolution of problems to improve physician utilization and patient satisfaction.
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Adheres to and promotes Sidra’s Values
- MD degree
- Residency training in Specialty area Ophthalmology Surgery
- Sub-specialty Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology Surgery (or equivalent training )
- 10+ years post-residency clinical experience in the relevant field from a North American Academic/ Health care Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.
- 3+ years in Academic leadership in area of specialty
- Valid professional License in the country of origin or country of practice in the specialty area
- Extensive functional knowledge and clinical experience in performing pediatric ophthalmology surgery
- Demonstrated capacity to participate in multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership of teaching programs to medical students, residents, and allied health care personnel
- Demonstrated staff and resource management skills
- Capability to work in a digital EMR environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Trust: Being competent; acting consistently, reliably and predictably; acting with honesty and integrity; respecting patient, employee and commercial confidentiality; delivering on commitments
- Care: Acting with empathy, kindness and compassion; being humble; listening and responding; acting with cultural sensitivity; Caring for patients and staff
- Teamwork: Sharing information and knowledge and learning from demonstrated expertise; being respectful, and thereby earning respect of others; acting with professionalism; leading and following; collaborating and being accessible
- Transparency: Frequent and honest communication; open access to information for decision making; willingly acknowledge shortcomings; speaking up about concerns; publishing performance indicators
- Innovation: Freedom to innovate; welcoming ideas and encouraging creativity; supporting talent; creating confidence; celebrating successes
- Efficiency: Providing measurable value; using data to drive decision making; having and achieving clear goals; building processes that work; continuously improving outcomes in patient and family care
By submitting your CV or job application, you acknowledge that any personal or other information you supply to us may be used by Sidra to assess, evaluate and check your candidacy. You further acknowledge that we may make copies, reproduce, organise, modify, and analyse the information supplied for the purposes of making a selection decision.
You expressly acknowledge that submitting your application does not mean that you will be contacted for an interview or that you will be made an offer of employment.
We reserve the right to discontinue the recruitment process at any stage. Similarly, you have the right to withdraw your active application at any stage of the recruitment process.
We would like to assure your application will be treated with due diligence and thank you for considering employment with Sidra.