وظائف هندسية شاغرة لدى Applus+ في الدوحة قطر 7\7\2019
المسمى الوظيفي : QA/QC Engineer
الجهة الموظفة : Applus
مكان العمل : الدوحة
دولة العمل: قطر
The QA/QC Engineer (CAT-III Projects) is a project-specific quality focal point, interfacing with stakeholders and contractors to ensure QA/QC compliance for effective handover.
This role is responsible to ensure effective implementation of the project quality assurance and quality control management system throughout engineering, procurement and construction project phases, including coordination of third party inspection activities. Reporting functionally to the Lead QA/QC Engineer (CAT-III Projects), and directly to PMT, the QA/QC Engineer provides ongoing leadership and support to ensure project compliance.
Operating Budget: Nil
Total No of Reporting Staff: 4*
*Responsible for supervision of the project QC inspection team (actual numbers vary according to the project scope).
– Understand and promote the Copany QA/QC requirements and compliance expectations.
– support the interface relationships between applicable project stakeholders.
– Establish and support proactive and collaborative working relationships with Engineering Consultants and EPC contractors, and applicable third party organisations.
– Review the project scope of work, to determine the nature, extent and frequency of quality verification activities
– Lead and participate in assigned quality verification activities.
– Coordinate the project quality team meetings, and report project QA/QC metrics to the PMT and the Lead QA/QC Engineer (CAT-III Projects).
– Review contractor/ supplier quality deliverables for conformance to Company quality requirements and expectations (I.E. Material Requisitions, PQP, PEP, ITP, WPS, WQT, Criticality Rating assessments and QA/QC procedures).
– Chair Pre-Inspection Meetings to ensure that the quality requirements and expectations are fully understood and implemented prior to commencement of work activities.
– Coordinate site and workshop inspection activities, and assign adequate Company`s inspection resources to effectively measure conformance to requirements.
– Coordinate the assignment of third party inspectors to represent Company at offsite manufacturing/ service facilities.
– Implement the assigned CAT-III EPC project QA/QC verification plans to ensure ongoing project compliance, including the following:
– Participate in QA assessments, audits and verifications on the Contractors’ engineering, procurement, construction and quality processes.
– Ensure effective coordination of site and workshop inspection activities, and assign adequate Company`s inspection resources to effectively measure conformance to requirements.
– Ensure mechanical acceptance readiness, and compliant project completion.
– Evaluate and monitor the performance of project QC inspectors, and identify training requirements to continually improve the performance of the Project Quality Team.
– Lead the NCR management process for identified non-conformances – including NCR/CAR issue, RCFA, disposition approval and close-out.
– Identify quality lessons learned, and propose suitable corrective actions to improve work processes and prevent further undesirtable consitions/ situations.
– Responsible for project punch-list coordination and close-out prior to mechanical acceptance.
– Ensures mechanical acceptance, and completion of applicable pre-commissioning and commissioning activities related to PMD projects.
– Review and interprate RT films and provide expert opinion regarding the scope and extent of defects and, potential remedial actions, where applicable.
– Implement and uphold the Company health, safety and environment requirements throughout project execution.
– Works in accordance with company policies and directives from the Lead QA/QC Engineer (CAT-III Projects and Quality Assurance)
– Provides QA/QC support and recommendations to the PMT, as applicable
– Implements the project quality assurance and quality control processes and procedures.
– Provides SME support and recommendations in relation to materials/ welding and NDT, as applicable.
– Works within established company corporate and industry policies and procedures.
– Attends project coordination meetings, and reports project QA/QC metrics to the PMT, the Lead QA/QC Engineer (CAT-III Projects).
– Prepares and leads QA audits of contractors.
– Establishes and attends QA/QC coordination meetings, as required in accordance with project scope.
(I.E. pre-inspection meetings, regular QA/QC meetings etc.)
– Coordinates and leads the internal QA/QC meeting with the project QA/QC team, as applicable.
– Maintains interface relationships with all applicable stakeholders, to ensure compliance of the project work processes practices, with the Company`s quality requirements and expectations.
– Works within well-established policies, procedures and standards.
– Capable to work effectively under pressure during fast-track Shutdown projects. Able to provide professional, concise technical response to QA/QC-related issues.
– Performs RCFA investigations and problem-solving for routine and ad-hoc incidents, with the more complex issues being referred to the Lead QA/QC Engineer (CAT-III Projects) for advice or decision.
– Plans and prioritises own work within agreed work programs.
– Takes decisive action relating to project quality issues/ concerns and escalates significant issues to the Lead QA/QC Engineer (CAT-III Projects).
– 15 years demonstrated experience in the oil and gas industry, with particular focus on brownfield and greenfield projects, including tie-ins and modifications to existing facilities.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or suitable alternative, with demonstrated knowledge and experience)
– Capable to lead the QA/QC input during development of technical requisitions, and shall be suitably experienced to provide technical support during project procurement phase for effective management of quality-related matters. Similarly, the candidate shall demonstrate proven technical capabilities to implement the construction QC program, and to oversee and motivate EPC contractor’s QC performance to achieve successful project quality outcomes.
– Extensive knowledge of mechanical, welding, civil, structural, E&I QA/QC processes and techniques.
– CSWIP level III Senior Welding Inspector (3.2 certificate), or equivalent.
– Certified Lead Auditor (IRCA) with extensive experience in leading QMS audits of EPC projects.
– Broad experience in conducting quality assurance assessments of engineering, procurement, engineering and construction processes.
– Specific experience in conducting Procurement and Construction Surveillance Assessments to measure the efficiency of the procurement process, and compliance with contractual quality requirements.
– Proven QC inspection, coordination and leadership skills.
– Experienced in leading a team of multi-disciplined inspectors (Civil, Piping, Welding, Electrical & Instrumentation and Coating/Insulation)
– Knowledge of applicable Codes/ Standards (eg: ISO:9001, ASME, API, ASNT, NACE, AWS, BS, QCS, EN 10204).
– Proven ability to implement procedures related to the quality management system including project quality plans, execution plans, procurement plans, materials criticality ratings, etc.
– Proven source-inspection coordination skills, including expediting experience for critical/long-lead materials.
– Excellent written and oral English language skills.
– Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to work as a team member under tight project schedule constraints.
– Good adaptability to a multinational environment, with wide exposure to various cultures and customs.
– Validated experience in practical aspects of welding technology, inspection, NDT and materials selection in a relevant position within the oil and gas/ power and energy industry sectors.
– Experienced in coating specifications and inspection.